Monday 16 September 2013

Catch up!

I think I've been MIA... and I'll be in trouble with Chooky and Googygirl if I don't do a post!!
I signed up for SSCS again this year....my poor secret santa will think I don't exist.
So a quick catch up.... what have I been up to?

Recently I did a workshop with the lovely Carolyn Pearce at our local Embroiderer's group.
This is what we were making...Exquisite thimble holder, tape measure case, and thread cutter cover.
Little violets stitched in a thread painting technique.


 This is how much I got done!!!!....I'm working on it!


 I've been away at a conference ...worked away at Inverell for a week... Then..

Last weekend I was treated out to a 'Sparkling Afternoon Tea' at Gunner's Barracks  at Mosman (Sydney) by my three gorgeous girls for a belated birthday. It was fabulous! ...Magnificent harbour views yummy food and great company...(I think my little finger got tired having to hold it out!!)



 A little playing with hexi's today. Liberty fabrics from the stash and 3/4" hexagons.
Its a baby quilt for a beautiful little Miss Audrey. (not sure about the dark pink border though)

 And dreaming of my next project .. in repro fabric....so have been gathering..


 Its a lovely wet day here today so decided to do some dressmaking too... its only been waiting a year ....or two.....

 I'm rather excited about this space..... tomorrow ...My new kitchen goes in!!
YAY!!!

Anyone near Cassillis  this Friday is welcome to join a few bloggers for a stitching lunch at 'Plough Inn to Cassillis' Cafe..... It would be great to see you there!

till next time
keep stitching
Floss

9 comments:

  1. Maybe we should be testing out your new kitchen! How exciting. The embroidery looks challenging, but a very pretty result. Your new project and the dressmaking both look lovely. See you Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun class. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have lots of posts with the same title also. LOL
    The embroidery looks exquiste. (I hope I spelt that right. There's no spell check in these comment boxes.) Far beyond my skill level though, but that doesn't stop me from admiring it.
    What a fun day out playing ladies!
    Good luck with the installation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your embroidery is gorgeous! Am loving your new project..cant wait to see it started!! Hope you had a wonderful birthday sparkly time with your girls x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a lovely time with the girls. Love the new projects. Make sure you bring them along on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay....your kitchen is coming!!
    Lovely high tea, that one as bee recommended to me as a must do.....how nice of your girls to take you there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice catch up. You were definitely spoiled by your girls. It looks delicious. At last! Your stove will have a home. I bet you can't wait. I'm looking forward to seeing your embroidery and dressmaking progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah , New kitchen, I bet you can't wait. The embroidery is beautiful and the food looks like it was also.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so much news Lea! What a lovely birthday treat from your girls too. The embroidery class you took looks amazing! Good luck with the new project and kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment.